- Never leave your fire pit unattended. When you are finished using it, be sure to put out your fire completely.
- Be sure to be extra attentive if animals or children are present with the fire pit is lit. Do not let them get too close to the flame.
- Place your fire pit a safe distance (at least 10-25 feet) from your home, any outdoor buildings, as well as any trees in your yard. Also, never use a fire pit indoors or in a covered area.
- If it is an especially windy day, you may want to reconsider using your fire pit until the wind lets up.
- Place your fire pit on level ground and then surround it with rocks or sand to prevent any fire from spreading.
Patio and Hearth Shop in Rocky Mount, NC carries a variety of outdoor furniture and appliances. We believe that time spent outdoors is time well spent. Because of this philosophy, we offer a wide variety of outdoor furniture, gas grills, fire pits, and statues, to enhance your outdoor space. We also have two other locations in Roanoke Rapids and Greenville, NC. With the chilly winter weather here, it's the perfect time to enjoy your fire pit. The beauty of fire pits is that you can enjoy the outdoors while still staying warm and cozy. Fire up some s'mores and cuddle by the fire with your friends and family! When you use your fire pit, you want to make sure to follow safety protocol so that your time is both enjoyable and safe. Here are some fire pit safety tips to help you out: