- Switch your outdoor lights to LED bulbs. Studies show that LED lights attract less bugs than traditional light bulbs.
- A natural and easy remedy for mosquitoes is to place a chopped onion in a bowl of water. If you place this near your outdoor sitting area, it will naturally repel those pesky mosquitoes.
- If you're planning on heading outdoors, skip the cologne, perfume, and scented lotions. These smells draw bugs to you.
- If you have a green thumb, plant herbs such as rosemary and mint in your garden. Both of these herbs are natural bug repellents.
- Bring a fan outside. This will both keep you cool and make it harder to bugs to get to you.
Patio and Hearth Shop in Greenville, NC is a premier supplier of outdoor furniture and appliances. We believe that time spent outdoors is time well spent. However, we know that in North Carolina, if you spend more than a few minutes outside, you will soon be greeted by some unwelcome guests-- bugs! Here are a few pointers, from Expert Home Tips, to help keep the bugs away: